So far, so good. I can flip this over and the fabric doesn't flop to the counter top. I was able to get it down on the jig in good form.
And, even through the press, using the wonderful little rubber blanket which the PIP printers gave to me. If you are in the market, I'm sure any printer would be happy to donate a sheet or two. I just wish PIP used bigger blankets. A splurge to buy one may be in my future. We'll see....
I'm pleased! None of the actual flags will be on purple fabric and this piece is all wonky-wishy. It is a remnant I found in the bottom of the left-overs box and was a solid color so it was immediately drafted into service.
The fabric ink I had ordered does not roll on and print satisfactorily. Nor does it paint onto the block and print satisfactorily, therefore I am back to good old oil based etching ink. It does not stiffen the fabric one iota and should be tough enough to withstand the elements. I will be trying these out in various parts of the country - if you would like to be a tryer-outer, let me know. So far, I have one desert dweller and one Northwestern gardner (me). They will be subjected to blazing hot sun and horrendous hot winds on one side and deluges of water, algae and moss on the other end. Should they survive one season of this menu I will consider marketing them - otherwise, it is just a fun project and I want them for my garden, anyway.