Sunday, June 3, 2012

Which Witch?

It is time to get around to posting again - it seems like years since I've entered anything.  Come to think of it, I was always like that with diaries, too.  Xmas would come and I would always get at least one and in the end I have a library of diaries with entries through the first two weeks of January and blank from then on.  That was mostly because I felt that my life was so mundane and uneventful that there was nothing interesting to write.  Little did I know that those would be among the most interesting days of my life!

But, just because I haven't been writing doesn't mean nothing has been happening around here.  Which Witch? was a fairly easy print to compose, but getting that black, black, blue black background was a bit tricky.  And finding the right chine collé paper was a task with pitfalls, too.  Paper too thin, too thick, not the right color - eek.  Finally, I went with what I had in the drawers and was pleased with the way the green grapes and the table cloth compliment.  At the opening of the exhibition Friday night I was amazed at the number of people who couldn't find the witches even when they were pointed out!


Which Witch? is a Solarplate™ print measuring approximately 14" x 16.5" and printed intaglio.  Incidentally, those witches are both very nice, gentle people, strictly vegetarian, maybe a glass of potion now and then, but basically of high moral character and pillars of their respective covens.  Nothing to fear from these two - they haven't cast a spell in so long that they have completely forgotten all incantations.  They were good studio mates and kept up an interesting banter throughout the process.  ;-)

6 comments:

Renee A. Ugrin said...

Hi Sherrie, I love the witches, and how to choose which?? so fun. I love how their chins just barely come in front of the horizon line, that's how I found them -- I'd love to see the chine colle in person. Very nice.

Jennifer Martindale said...

Only the wise attract the Wise Women (and maybe that's what it takes to even see them!?) This print looks fun, I hope they find happy homes and can join in the chat.

Patricia Phare-Camp said...

witches totally obvious...of course most of us artists remember the negative space drawing lessons...

Patricia Phare-Camp said...

witches totally obvious...most artists should remember those negative space lessons in drawing class.

Sharri said...

Thank you - I'm glad you found those pesky witches!

Sharri said...

Patti - yeah, any of us who have had a drawing lesson don't have any trouble finding them, but those who haven't ever heard the term negative space couldn't see them for beans!