Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Support Group

Lately I've been putting up with a knee that has decided to join the other side.  Way back when I was knee high to a grasshopper I was in an auto accident and my knees were slammed into the dashboard of one of those old cars that had knobs that stuck out.  This was way before seat belts and air bags.  At the time the doctors told me I would probably have trouble with the knees when I got older.  Since that was about a hundred years away, give or take, I didn't give it a moments thought.  Well, guess what?  That "older" business has caught up with me.  Anyway. long story short – it is down to bone on bone and time for joint replacement.  But, that can't happen until mid-August.  Meanwhile, though, I have a fantastic support group.  Everyone needs a good one of these – they are worth their weight in gold.

So, of course, this warranted a print.  This is multiple plate intaglio and chine collé.  I'm working on another one along this same vein which will be larger and a woodcut, probably.  I think it will be my recuperation project for after the surgery.  I will get everything ready to go before I go under the knife.


While working on this group of prints, the poetry muse must have passed through the area and the next thing I knew I was up to my neck in Haiku.  I, of course, know nothing about poetry, but that has never stopped me from doing anything else, so it didn't stop me from this either.  Although, I did consult the Baren.com Poet Laureate, Bette Wappner, and sent me to a website that was very useful.  In usual form, though, the deadline was approaching and I didn't have time to really study the subject.  (Must do that in the near future.  Maybe another recuperation activity.)  This is my try at Surinomo - the Japanese prints which included poetry.

No comments: